Monday, February 18, 2008

Dream Interpretation vs Software Development

Q: Hey Joe, welcome to Askablogr! (My business partner has started keeping a dream journal, so I'll definitely send him your way). Does your dream work and your software development work interrelate?
Posted by Chris DeVore

A: Certainly!  The two areas are very similar.  They're both about recognizing patterns, getting to the heart of a problem, and communicating well with others using both symbols and plain English.

Also, I think they're similar in how quickly education in the field reaches a diminishing rate of return, and experience trumps degrees/pedagree.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great answers - thanks! While we're chatting, any feedback for me on your Askablogr experience so far?

Joe Goldberg said...

My only comment would be I can't figure out a way to customize the look/feel of the Askablogr widget. I'd like to get it looking more like the rest of my blog.

unclesirbobby said...

Well I agree about the link between good dream interpreting and dreams analysis. The dream interpretor has to establish some very good abstract link.

The best computer programmers must have quick brains. They must be contsnatly on the look out for little connections. Spotting a bug is not easy

http://www.unclesirbobby.org.uk/dreamessay.php

unclesirbobby said...

dreams and nightmares